This episode we violate the stay-at-home order, FU Newsom, and escort 2020 out the door by drinking holiday beers and spreading good cheer with our year-in-review. Next, we exercise our respiratory system and trek with a woman who climbed to Everest … COUGH … Base Camp. Finally, we pull a Dick … COUGH … Clark and count down some of our favorite brews from Beer Dome. That, and our usual craic on this episode of Life in 16 oz.
#Lifein16oz #WhatsinYOURpint #BeerDome
- Skip to Beer News – 4:03
- Skip to Paul’s Prank Holiday Gifts – 15:01
- Skip to Brandon’s Serious Beer-related Gifts – 20:24
- Skipt to Year-in-Review: Podcast & Beer Dome – 22:01
- Skip to Mt. Everest Discussion – 51:15
- Skip to Sherri Eng, Mt. Everest Base Camp Trekker – 59:27
VISIT THESE SITES
North Coast Brewing Company / Coronado Brewing Company / True Symmetry Brewing Company / AleSmith Brewing Company / SLO Brewing Company / Auburn Alehouse / Cigar City Brewing / Alaro Craft Brewery / Drake’s Brewing Company / Full Circle Brewing Company / Dust Bowl Brewing Company / Founders Brewing Company / Founders Brewing Company
Keep scrolling for more info from the show, to include photos related to this month’s episode.
IN CASE YOU DIDN’T TAKE NOTES
- Dominick The Donkey (YouTube)
Referred to by Paul at the beginning of the show.
- I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas (YouTube)
Referred to by Brandon at the beginning of the show.
- WWII Vet Who Went Viral for Daily Coors Light Turns 103, Still Drinks Beer
Referred to by Paul in his Beer News segment. Published by Fox News.
- Best Cities for Beer Drinkers – 2020 Edition
Referred to by Paul in his Beer News segment. Published by SmartAsset.
- 12 Days of Holiday 12 Packs
Referred to by Paul in his Beer News segment. Published by Craft Beer & Brewing.
- Michael Jordan’s golf course, The Grove XXIII, features drones that drop off food and drinks to golfers. (Includes Twitter video)
Referred to by Paul in his Beer News segment. Published by CBS Sports.
- The 15 best Christmas Beers, Ranked by Seasonal Cheer
Referred to by Paul in his Beer News segment. Published by Houston Chronicle.
Paul’s Prank Holiday Gifts
- “My First Fire” Prank Pack Gift Box by Prank-O
- Nicolas Cage Sequin Pillow
- P is for Pterodactyl: The Worst Alphabet Book Ever
- “Emma Dean’s Plant Urinal” Prank Gift Box
- Potty Fisher Toilet Fishing Game
- Best Farter Ever Coffee Mug
- Liquid Ass (Fart Prank)
- Donald Trump Toilet Paper – The Presidential Pack
- 2020 Dumpster Fire Christmas Ornament
Brandon’s Serious Beer-Related Gifts
- Craft Beer Club – Beer of The Month Club
- National Geographic Atlas of Beer
- GrowlerWerks uKeg Pressurized Growler
- Square Keg – SquareOne Mini Keg
- Skyline Beer Cap Maps
Beer Dome – All 2020 Winners
- Old No. 38 (January)
Stout – Irish Dry, 5.4% ABV, 53 IBUs
North Coast Brewing Company, Fort Bragg, CA
- Mermaid’s Red (February)
Red Ale – American Amber/Red, 5.7% ABV, 46 IBUs
Coronado Brewing Company, Coronado, CA
- BeerFix and Chill (April)
IPA – New England, 7.2%, 25 IBUs
True Symmetry Brewing Company, Suisun City, CA
- Sublime Mexican Lager (May)
Lager – Vienna, 5.2% ABV, 13 IBUs
AleSmith Brewing Company, San Diego, CA
- Tio Rodrigo Blood Orange Michelada (June)
Specialty Beers – Chile Beer, 4.5% ABV, No IBUs
SLO Brewing Company, San Luis Obispo, CA
- Independence Day Ale (July)
Pale Ale – American, 5.4% ABV, 40 IBUs
Auburn Alehouse, Auburn, CA
- Maduro Brown Ale (August)
Brown Ale – English, 5.5% ABV, 25 IBUs
Cigar City Brewing, Tampa, FL
- La Boheme (September #1)
Pilsner – Czech-Style, 5.3% ABV / 26 IBU
Alaro Craft Brewery, Sacramento
- 1500 (September #2)
Pale Ale, 5.5% ABV / 48 IBU
Drake’s Brewing Company, San Leandro
- Juicy (September #3)
IPA – New England, 6.6% ABV / 55 IBU
Full Circle Brewing Company, Fresno
- Oktoberfest Specialty Lager (October)
Lager – Märzen/Oktoberfest, 6.4% ABV, 22 IBUs
Dust Bowl Brewing Company, Turlock, CA
- Porter (November #1)
Porter – Robust, 6.5% ABV, 45 IBUs
Founders Brewing Company, Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Vermont Sticky Maple (November #2)
American Imperial, 11.3% ABV, 0 IBUs
The Bruery, Placentia, California
Mount Everest Books
- Into Thin Air: A Personal Account of the Mt. Everest Disaster. By Jon Krakauer.
- The Climb: Tragic Ambitions on Everest. By Anatoli Boukreev, G. Weston DeWalt.
- Everest: The West Ridge. By Thomas F. Hornbein.
- The Crystal Horizon: Everest-The First Solo Ascent. By Reinhold Messner.
- Everest the Hard Way. By Chris Bonington.