This episode, get your Medulla Oblongata ready because we question a quiz whiz. Next, we fill our pints with ones and zeros and talk to a video game company who are bringing beer-making to the digital world. Finally, with a pocket full of quarters, we go for a high score with brews from an arcade-themed company, in this month’s BEER DOME competition. That, and our usual craic on this episode of Life in 16 oz.
#Lifein16oz #WhatsinYOURpint #BeerDome
#Brewmaster #MarsHorizon #TheColonists #AurochDigital #SoldOut
- Skip to Beer News – 2:36
- Skip to TTodd Virtual Trivia – Intro – 7:35
- Skip to Thomas Todd, Trivia Host Extraordinaire – 10:46
- Skip to Witty Guest Roasts Hosts – 11:42
- Skip to Beer Dome – 8 Bit Hazy IPA Battle – Intro 44:32
- Skip to Brewmaster Beer Brewing Simulator – Intro 49:05
- Skip to Peter Wellington and Matt Bone, Brewmaster Producer and Lead Designer, respectively, at Auroch Digital 52:20
- Skip to Beer Dome – 8 Bit Hazy IPA Battle – Finale 1:18:12
8 Bit Brewing Company / TTodd Virtual Trivia / King Trivia / Jeopardy! / J! Archive / Auroch Digital / Brewmaster (Wishlist on Steam) / Brewmaster Development News / Aurochnaut Discord (all things Brewmaster, homebrews, games, and space) / Sold Out / Left Handed Giant / Moor Beer Company / The Wild Beer Company / Tapestry Brewery / New Bristol Brewery
Keep scrolling for more tidbits from the show, to include photos related to this month’s episode.
IN CASE YOU DIDN’T TAKE NOTES
- Get the vaccine, get a free beer at participating Washington breweries
Referred to by Paul in his Beer News segment. Published by Q13 Fox.
- Wrong brand: Ohio man blames 14 cases of stolen beer on wife
Referred to by Paul in his Beer News segment. Published by Cox Media Group.
- Michelob Ultra will give you free beer for exercising: How to get yours
Referred to by Paul in his Beer News segment. Published by Outsider.
- The 10 worst beer cities (listed after #15 of “We Found the Best Beer Cities in America”)
Paul talked about #7 Worst being Orlando. Who are the other nine? Be sure to look over the top 15 while you scroll down the page looking for The 10 Worst Beer Cities list! Referred to by Paul in his Beer News segment. Published by Clever.
- 2 new breweries to triple Washington County’s craft beer locales
Referred to by Paul in his Beer News segment. Published by Verizon Media.
- Seattle breweries hosting vaccine pop-up clinics with discounted beer
Referred to by Paul in his Beer News segment. Published by VOX Media, LLC.
- American Craft Beer Week
Referred to by Paul in his Beer News segment. Published by Brewers Association.
- 25 Dane County breweries to enjoy this summer
Celebrate American Craft Beer Week with Madison Magazine’s (aka Channel3000.com), top 25 area breweries. Referred to by Paul in his Beer News segment. Published by Morgan Murphy Media.
- Meet the artists who design Dallas craft beer cans
Referred to by Paul in his Beer News segment. Published by Daily Texas News.
- Why beer marketing is suddenly full of fitness-themed ads and giveaways
Referred to by Paul in his Beer News segment. Published by Business Services News.
BEER DOME – 8 BIT BEER BATTLE
IPA – Hazy DIPA, 9% ABV, No IBUs
8 Bit Brewing Company, Murrieta, California
Size Matters Not
IPA – Hazy IPA, 7.4% ABV, No IBUs
8 Bit Brewing Company, Murrieta, California
Biceps brachii, the sommelier’s muscle
Wineries and fitness people seem to be the only ones touting, “Did you know it takes 14 muscles to open a bottle of wine?” This blog post illustration of a sommelier’s arm ‘cutaway’ of them opening a bottle of wine looks more credible than a bunch of ’14 muscle’ memes on the Internet. Paul must have been listening to a wine ad on the radio when he heard the aforementioned quote! No idea what we’re talking about? Then listen to this month’s episode of Life in 16 oz. ‘Biceps’ blog post published by Leif Saul.
Jeopardy! Show #6971, Monday, December 29, 2014
All the nerdy data you could ever want from the episode in which our guest, former Jeopardy! contestant Thomas Todd, appeared. Includes answers contestants chose, graphs of their progress throughout the episode, dollar amounts, etc. Includes the final Jeopardy! round information Thomas refers to in our interview with him. Published by J! Archive.
A Moral Battle Cry for Freedom
Our guest this episode, former Jeopardy! contestant Thomas Todd, refers to author Solomon Northup dedicating his book Twelve Years a Slave to a noted female author of a very famous novel. Find out more about her and her most famous book. Published by Harriet Beecher Stowe Center.
PHOTOS AND CAPTIONS